With 2018 just days away, I’ve been working on new goals and ways to improve my personal life, myself, and my business for this new year. 2017 has been a year of so many ups and downs (more on that later with my best of post for the year, coming soon!) but I am hoping for a more grounded, peaceful, and full of life and love year in 2018. Starting one of my goals early: bringing back Wedding Wednesday! It’s been far too long since my last blog and those are now the days of the past. Get ready for a new post weekly. First up, Malorie and Johnny’s rainy but beautiful Sonnet House wedding from this past April.
Have you ever met someone and automatically been drawn to them for their sweet and bubbly personality? Well, that’s pretty much Malorie. This girl has a smile on her face about 95% of the time and the other 5% she’s smoldering for the camera, because girl can rock a camera! She is giggly and full of joy and rain on her wedding day didn’t bring her down for a second (she even braved some rain drops for some kick A photos). She’s the perfect counterpart to Johnny, who is a little shy and quiet but still loves to have fun. Together they make a pretty rad power couple and I feel lucky that I got to be a part of their story!
You probably already know this, but the Sonnet House is one of my number ones. Not only is it a gorgeous place for a classy southern day, but I would pretty much be satisfied working with Ellen, Jared, and Corey on the daily. The made Malorie’s wedding dreams come true even with the rain battles and did so without breaking a sweat! Some of my favorite details of the day came from Corey’s florals, which were stunning and a fantastic spring palette. I also really loved the gold painted cake from Magnificent Cakes and Malorie’s killer Justin Alexander gown from Bella’s Bridal. So much pretty!
My favorite moments of the day were honestly just hearing Malorie’s happy giggle all throughout the day. Getting ready, first look, bridals, even in the ceremony and of course during the reception- seeing Malorie SO happy to get married to her dream guy brought smiles to my face too!
Malorie and Johnny, it was such a pleasure working with you guys! And I think Ellen and I must have ESP because she just posted your photos too, so all the love for you guys this week!
When I got to TSH that morning, Ellen told me she had a brilliant new idea for hanging the dress. You can’t see her, but she’s hiding in the bushes to help hold Malorie’s dress up! Dream team.
My favorite beer!
What you also don’t see here is me with a trash bag over myself ha! Dedication, and it was worth it!
Drying her dress after the rain, love this image.
So much happy and love!
Photography: j.woodbery photography | Venue, catering, coordination: The Sonnet House | Hair and makeup: Makeup Mel | Paperie: Fine Paperwork | Bridal gown: Justin Alexander | Gown shop: Bella’s Bridal | Suits: Mr. Burch Formal Wear | Florals: CD Florals | Cake: Magnificent Cakes | Videography and DJ: On-Site Productions